MJ11021(PNP) MJ11022 (NPN) are high voltage complementary pair Darlington transistors suitable for all applications that involve high voltage high current such as in motor control, inverters, etc.
Let's understand the datasheet and the main specifications of the devices:
Main Electrical Features
- MJ11021(PNP) MJ11022 (NPN) are 250V, 15 amp complementary Darlington transistors
- Being Darlington by nature, the devices exhibit a high Dc current gain, typically at 10amp, the hFe could be at least 400
- The collector to emitter continuously voltage handling capacity is minimum 250V
- Low saturating voltage requirement for collector emitter, at around 1V when current is @ 5amps.
- The devices are SOA verified @ 44V VCE and 4 amp current for 250ms
- These are manufactured without any Pb content.
Maximum Ratings of the MJ11021(PNP) MJ11022 (NPN) transistors are as given under
Collector−Emitter Voltage VCEO 250 Vdc
Collector−Base Voltage VCBO 250 Vdc
Emitter−Base Voltage VEBO 50 Vdc
Collector Current − Continuous 15amps
DC Peak 30amps DC
Base Current IB 0.5 Adc
Total Power Dissipation PD 175 Watts @ TC = 25°C
Derate Above 25°C 1.16W/°C
Operating and Storage Junction TJ,
Tstg –65 to +175Temperature Range − 65 to +200°C
The above are those figures which may not be exceeded under any situation in order to prevent permanet damage to the devices.