Saving electricity will not only save you some bucks but also help in a social cause. A little awareness and alertness is all that is required for the purpose. A little contemplation will make you consider regarding the amount of electricity we waste everyday due to sheer negligence or ignorance. The article will perfectly explain how to save electricity through some simple manipulations.
It has been said that, money saved is money gained. There’s indeed a lot of depth in the saying. Its always good to get into the habit of saving money through whatever ways possible. Perhaps one of the easiest ways to begin with is by saving electricity. There can be a number of different ways of saving electricity, we will discuss in this article how to save electricity through few examples.
Saving Electricity by Upgrading Your House Lights
The following points will show how easy it is to save electricity which will not only save some bucks but also will help proper distribution of electricity and help curb global warming:
Though the age old incandescent bulbs have become obsolete today, we still find them in quite a few places, for example in the form of table lamps, roof lights etc.
· The first step would be to just eliminate these bulbs, replace them with the more sophisticated CFL ones. This will save more than 60 % of electricity compared to the incandescent bulbs, moreover the incandescent bulbs emit more heat than light adding up to the ever increasing global warming effects.
· But I have seen people complain of some physical uneasiness or nausea under the CFL lights. Its quite true as even I have experienced the same feelings with the CFL lights. We are rather more used to the fluorescent tube lights (FTL), which produce light more soothing to our eyes.
· But the inductive types of chokes or the ballasts used to operate these FTLs are not efficient enough. They too convert at least 30% of the energy into heat. These chokes also have a starting problem and flicker many times before getting ON.
· The solution is again to use an electronic ballast circuit to power the FTLs. These electronic ballasts too are at par with the CFLs and are more comfortable with our vision.
· Still there’s another novel idea of upgrading your house lights. We all know how amazingly bright and efficient the White LEDs are.
· The lights made using these LEDs generate negligible amount of heat and consume 25 % less power even than the CFLs and the FTLs. Moreover these lights hardly degrade and are almost permanent.
Saving Electricity by Optimizing Your TV and Computer Controls
The following explanations will show how to save electricity by optimizing the controls of our electronic gadgets:
· The monitor of your PC in fact consumes more electricity than the CPU. Yeah its true, by replacing the CRT types of monitors by the LCD ones can drastically contribute in the saving of electricity, but these can be further enhanced to save electricity by simply optimizing their” brightness” and the” contrast” controls.
· Obviously the more illumination a device emits the more power it will consume to produce it. So just adjust them to an optimum level which may be most comforting to the eyes. Also this will reduce the amount of bad UV rays entering your eyes.
· The same is true for your TV sets. Furthermore by keeping the sound output of your TV or DVD to a logical hearing limit will also play some role in saving electrical power.Refrigerators are another big electricity consumers, optimize the thermostat control which provides just the right cooling point inside your fridge, do not unnecessary accumulate huge heaps of ice inside the freezer, wasting precious electric power.
Have Questions? Please Comment below to Solve your Queries! Comments must be Related to the above Topic!!