No complex wiring, no costly MOSFETS and no cumbersome heatsinks, yet a powerful 200+200 watt stereo amplifier circuit, which can be built within hours using just a couple ICs, right in your home.
Yes we are discussing the state-of-the-art thick film hybrid IC STK4050II, by SANYO.The IC is specifically designed for amplifying music at an astounding rate of 200 watt power.
The involvement of minimal number of components especially makes this device perfectly suitable for the many hobbyists who aspire not only making a powerful amplifier at home but also for enjoying its application.
The IC is able to effectively drive sub-woofers and therefore also becomes ideally suitable as a car stereo amplifier.
The salient features of the IC STK4050II includes the following:
- Compact streamlined package resulting a sleek looking amplifier design.
- Simple heatsinking clamping facility with large surface area, for better heat dispersal, resulting in an enhanced output capability.
- The internal circuitry of the IC entertains a constant current operation which helps reduce switch-ON and switch-OFF "thump" noise in the speaker.
Maximum Operating Parameters of the IC
- Huge maximum power supply rating at +/- 95 volts resulting powerful outputs at lower currents.
- Typical operating voltage may be around +/- 66 volts.
- Speakers used at the output of the circuit should be ideally a 8 Ohm type.
Operating Characteristics are:
- Quiescent current is internally set at 100mA for voltages upto Vcc +/-80 volts.
- Output power with the above conditions will be around 200 watts.
- Total harmonic distortion will not exceed 0.4% at frequencies between 20Hz and 20kHz.
- Frequency response of the IC is also very high, between 20Hz and 50kHz.
- The circuit diagram below shows a neat little amplifier circuit, two of them may be built for obtaining stereo outputs.
- The configuration is very simple, mostly all the complexities are solely handled by the chip itself.
- The input consists of a regular low pass filter components for rejecting high frequency interferences.
- Other features like automatic gain control, offset control and stability control, everything is effectively tackled by the shown design.