The ZSD100 is an alarm frequency generator IC which incorporates a frequency swept alarm signal generator designed solely for fixed and vehicle protection alarm systems.
For acquiring the specified alarm sound from this IC, just a single ZSD100, two timing capacitors, an in-expensive TO92 darlington, piezo transducer and coupling transformer is everything that becomes necessary to generate an extremely loud, ear piercing 120 dB warning siren.
Together with an acoustic frequency signal generator, low frequency sweep generator, shut down circuitry and output driver stages, the ZSD100 has been attributed with all functionality crucial to generating an approved alarm indication.
You may get this IC with a choice between an 8 pin DIL or SO bundle the IC grants an inexpensive stream-lined approach to siren signal technology. The system may be powered from inputs of 4V as much as 18V which specifically becomes suited for security detectors in battery driven products, burglar alarms and vehicle anti robbery techniques
The acoustic indication of the ZSD100 is created employing a squarewave oscillator whose operation is competent of directly triggering numerous output circuits. To generate a peculiar alarm siren sound, the frequency of the audio oscillator is swept over an allocated 2:1 spectrum by another, lower frequency oscillator. The frequencies of both the oscillators are regulated by R T (INT) and capacitors C MOD and C OUT
1. RT: Non-obligatory superficial resistor for enhanced frequency management. An peripheral resistor boosts the domination of each the modulating and output oscillators. The RT pin is furthermore employed to energize the gadget down. Possibly attaching RT to VCC or an open circuit would probably bring about the device getting crippled.
2. SAW: Choice of modulation waveform is done employing the SAW pin. An open circuit generates a triangle wave, sawtooth is accomplished by joining SAW to the CMOD pin.
3. CMOD: An exterior capacitor would be used to program the low frequency modulating oscillator. The worth of CMOD advisable is between 0.1μF and 10 0μF.
5. COUT: An secondary capacitor would be used to program the output oscillator. The value of COUT endorsed is between 1nF and 100nF.
6. Q Non inverted output driver
7.Q Inverted output driver
Alarm Circuits Using ZSD100